Uber Technologies, Inc. (UBER) shares information
Uber is a global ride-hailing company with over 700 cities covered, mainly in the US, UK and Europe.
Live Stock price in graph for Uber Technologies Inc (UBER)
16,158,675 (-42.03 %)
Volume prev. day
Avg. daily volume
About Uber Technologies Inc
Uber shares went live on the stock market since beginning of May 2019. Short Selling are worries about the current valuation if the ride sharing numbers goes down significantly in 2020. However, there are still many countries where Uber are still not available and might have a great upside.- Uber didn't manage to merge with Grubhub due to an antitrust investigation. Sometimes, “big” can be a problem.
Potential risks to be aware of with this company/stock
– The quarterly reports for Uber will be watched closely by analysts, since ride-sharing gone down drastically in many countries around the world and many even changed their behaviour following Covid-19. Today, many are rather driving their own car, walking, cycling or taking motorbike to get around due to the increased infection risks Uber drivers been having.
– Might be forced to treat drivers as employees instead of independent contractors, which could add extra costs to the business, while making it less flexible.
– Uber's surge pricing during busy times made many customers either stop using it, since normal taxi is cheaper in many countries, or start to get very negative towards Uber.
– Sexual harassment from Uber drivers created #deleteuber campaign and many female passengers got worried to ride with the company.
– Self-driving cars could both be an opportunity and high risk for Uber, according to the company themselves.
– Pick-ups and drop-offs at airports are getting harder and costlier, making some customers opting for other transport modes.+ Still not available in many countries with monopoly.
– Several Uber executives are selling shares in the company.
– Do UBER still own Uber Eats? Yes, they do, except in some countries such as India sold the local, Indian Uber Eats to Zomato a privately hold company. Uber Technologies Inc received a 9.9% stake in Zomato when they sold the Indian Uber Eats in January 2020.
– Uber rides cannot go in taxi lanes in most countries, which add extra time to your journey when there is traffic, compared to going with a real taxi driver.
– Many competing apps such as Gett in the UK, Israel and Russia are usually quicker (since allowed in taxi lanes).
– Lots of alternative app based ride sharing sites are cheaper, such as Didi in China and Mexico, Ola Cabs in India and Kapten in Portugal and France are way cheaper.
Potential upsides beneficial to the company/stock
+ Uber done a great job informing clients about Coronavirus.
+ Excellent brand name, easy to remember.
+ Still don't have many of the top-end restaurants on Uber eat.
+ Lots of potential for Uber bicycles in more cities.
+ Uber Chopper can also roll out in many more locations with time, including London, Stockholm and Barcelona.
+ Cashless rides are simple and convenient. You never give any cash to the drivers. Just order from the app.
+ The app might be the biggest assets of the company, apart from the memorable name.
Latest news about Uber Technologies Inc
Below you can find the most recent news posts about Uber Technologies Inc, primarily from US and UK based news sources.
Uber: Time To Brace For Impact
Sunday, 24 September 2023, 20:00:00
Uber”s stock has exceeded expectations but stalled recently. With caution advised, investors should be patient as selling pressure may intensify.
— Seeking Alpha
Uber: One Of The Smartest Long-Term Bets You Can Make In This Market
Sunday, 24 September 2023, 10:57:35
Uber is expanding its services beyond mobility, including delivery, enterprise freight, and potentially task fulfillment. Read why UBER stock is a Buy.
— Seeking Alpha
Uber: There Can Only Be One
Sunday, 24 September 2023, 09:58:18
Uber has reached an inflection point for profitability, as it is a surprising beneficiary of higher interest rates. Read more about UBER stock here.
— Seeking Alpha
Uber: Margin Expansion, Record Free Cash Flow, Still-Solid Momentum
Sunday, 24 September 2023, 09:19:18
Uber”s profitability picture remains strong, and the firm sees positive earnings and growth potential over the coming quarters. Find out why UBER stock is a Buy.
— Seeking Alpha
How upstarts are challenging the dominance of ride-hailing giants Ola and Uber
Saturday, 23 September 2023, 19:30:00
The new players, including Rapido, Blu Smart, Drife, and Shoffr, are gaining traction by offering attractive packages for drivers, lower prices, more convenient booking options, and advanced features such as AI and blockchain-based business models. The traditional players like Ola and Uber have also bounced back from the pandemic decline and are adopting customer-friendly features to compete with the new entrants.
— Economic Times India
Trading broker recommendation
We recommend that you check out Capital.com as they have a very good selection of stocks available for both going short and long.
Minimum deposit: €250 by bank
Description: Capital.com offer a large number of stocks for trading. Register an account today and check if they have UBER available or trade one of the many other CFD stocks they have.
Risk warning: 67.7% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with Capital.