Uber Technologies, Inc. (UBER) shares information
Uber is a global ride-hailing company with over 700 cities covered, mainly in the US, UK and Europe.
Live Stock price in graph for Uber Technologies, Inc. (UBER)
11,848 (-99.91 %)
Volume prev. day
Avg. daily volume
About Uber Technologies Inc
Uber shares went live on the stock market since beginning of May 2019. Short Selling are worries about the current valuation if the ride sharing numbers goes down significantly in 2020. However, there are still many countries where Uber are still not available and might have a great upside.- Uber didn’t manage to merge with Grubhub due to an antitrust investigation. Sometimes, “big” can be a problem.
Potential risks to be aware of with this company/stock
– The quarterly reports for Uber will be watched closely by analysts, since ride-sharing gone down drastically in many countries around the world and many even changed their behaviour following Covid-19. Today, many are rather driving their own car, walking, cycling or taking motorbike to get around due to the increased infection risks Uber drivers been having.
– Might be forced to treat drivers as employees instead of independent contractors, which could add extra costs to the business, while making it less flexible.
– Uber’s surge pricing during busy times made many customers either stop using it, since normal taxi is cheaper in many countries, or start to get very negative towards Uber.
– Sexual harassment from Uber drivers created #deleteuber campaign and many female passengers got worried to ride with the company.
– Self-driving cars could both be an opportunity and high risk for Uber, according to the company themselves.
– Pick-ups and drop-offs at airports are getting harder and costlier, making some customers opting for other transport modes.+ Still not available in many countries with monopoly.
– Several Uber executives are selling shares in the company.
– Do UBER still own Uber Eats? Yes, they do, except in some countries such as India sold the local, Indian Uber Eats to Zomato a privately hold company. Uber Technologies Inc received a 9.9% stake in Zomato when they sold the Indian Uber Eats in January 2020.
– Uber rides cannot go in taxi lanes in most countries, which add extra time to your journey when there is traffic, compared to going with a real taxi driver.
– Many competing apps such as Gett in the UK, Israel and Russia are usually quicker (since allowed in taxi lanes).
– Lots of alternative app based ride sharing sites are cheaper, such as Didi in China and Mexico, Ola Cabs in India and Kapten in Portugal and France are way cheaper.
Potential upsides beneficial to the company/stock
+ Uber done a great job informing clients about Coronavirus.
+ Excellent brand name, easy to remember.
+ Still don’t have many of the top-end restaurants on Uber eat.
+ Lots of potential for Uber bicycles in more cities.
+ Uber Chopper can also roll out in many more locations with time, including London, Stockholm and Barcelona.
+ Cashless rides are simple and convenient. You never give any cash to the drivers. Just order from the app.
+ The app might be the biggest assets of the company, apart from the memorable name.
Broker recommendations for Uber Technologies
The Uber Technologies, Inc. stock is rated at 1.292683 (on a scale 1-3, where 1 is ‘strong buy‘ and 3 is ‘strong sell‘) from Wednesday 14 October, 2020 by a total of 41 brokers. This means that the consensus of the 41 different brokers is leaning toward to buy/moderate buy.
3 (7.32%) Underweight
0 (0%) Hold
4 (9.76%) Overweight
4 (9.76%) Buy
Price target by analysts
The 36 latest analyst estimates, per Wednesday 28 October, 2020, show the following high, low and average price targets.
Target Average: 41.18 USD
Target High: 58 USD
Target Low: 14 USD
Latest news about Uber Technologies, Inc.
Below you can find the most recent news posts about Uber Technologies, Inc., primarily from US and UK based news sources.
Wednesday, 28 October 2020, 12:28:48
The ride-sharing app known as Uber has set its sights on shipping and logistics in recent years. In the same way that Uber has disrupted the taxi industry, the app is looking to do the same to freight shipping. A new service known as Uber Freight pairs truck drivers and independent fleet managers with suppliers and retailers that need to move large shipments around the country , helping drivers make more efficient use of their cargo space. As promising as this logistics model may seem, Uber Freight remains a work in progress. Learn more about this new service and how it could impact the shipping industry going forward.… The post From Rideshare to Freightshare: A Look into Uber’s Latest Service Offering appeared first on SMALL BUSINESS CEO .
— Small Business CEO
Uber adds grocery delivery to its expanding list of businesses
Wednesday, 28 October 2020, 10:01:07
Uber is getting into the grocery game in New York City, The Post has learned. The ride-hail giant announced Wednesday that its Uber and Uber Eats apps will roll out a grocery delivery service to most of Manhattan, and said it plans to expand citywide through the rest of the year. New Yorkers who open…
— New York Post
Uber to offer 12,000 free rides to blind, low vision persons in 8 Indian cities
Wednesday, 28 October 2020, 09:39:00
Uber said in a statement that its association with National Association for the Blind (NAB) will enable safe access to educational and training institutes as well as work places in eight Indian cities
— Business Today
Gatwick taxi drivers set to protest against London licensed Uber drivers causing financial hardship
Wednesday, 28 October 2020, 09:19:47
Taxi drivers working Gatwick Airport and Sussex area are to protest against Uber’s London licensed drivers who they claim are causing hardship for local drivers. Campaigners are holding a rally on Saturday 31 October to call on Crawley borough council to step up pressure on Transport for London (TfL) and Uber to limit
— TaxiPoint – UK Taxi News
Gatwick and Crawley taxi drivers rally against Uber to survive
Wednesday, 28 October 2020, 06:00:00
GATWICK taxi drivers are to protest against Uber claiming the app is causing them financial hardship.
— The Argus
Trading broker recommendation
We recommend that you check out Capital.com as they have a very good selection of stocks available for both going short and long.
Minimum deposit: €/$ 20
Description: Capital.com offer a large number of stocks for trading. Register an account today and check if they have UBER available or trade one of the many other CFD stocks they have.
Risk warning: 75% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with Capital.